I thought I’d begin Valentine’s Day on a lighter note. If you read my previous blogs you’d know I’m no stranger to dating apps. After all, I design apps and websites for a living and I’m a nerd who doesn’t like to approach women, which means dating apps and I were destined to cross paths. I bring you the seven most memorable info sections I’ve come across. Honestly, these probably sounded funnier in my head than they will in yours, but here they are, nonetheless.
1. “6’+ preferred please.”
She’s the only one on this list I’ve either connected with or taken on a date. It didn’t go well.
2. “Scared if I live in the city I’ll never get laid.”
I hear ya, sista.
3. “In a relationship, just looking for some friendship and flirting.”
She’s probably saying what many women in this city are thinking. By my standards, I went on many dates in 2016. Just about all of them revealed at one point or another that they were seeing someone else at the time. That leads me to an obvious question: what are women in the city searching for that they aren’t finding in their current partners and why do their current partners stick around for so long? Is the latter part of that question related to #2 on this list?
4. “If you think it’s ok to wear a backpack on Muni, we’ll never work out.”
This is a bustling metro full of young professionals and tourists. You can replace “backpack” with “clothes” and the statement would be on the same level of ridiculousness.
5. “When I asked my best friend what to write for this section, she said, ‘most awesome person in the world.’ Oh, and I have a fear of birds.” [She adds a gray baby bird emoji here]
This is probably not the best place to have such a fear unless you plan to never go within a block of any body of water...which is an impressive feat of willpower in a city surrounded by it on three sides.
6. “My BMI is 21. Yours should be under 23.”
7. “...and I pretty much never go anywhere without a ball cap!”
She didn’t have any images wearing a ball cap, but she did have one wearing a Santa hat.